Our experienced nail technicians here at Mobile Beauty UK offer a wide array of professional nail treatments, ranging from simple – but effective – files to luxurious and relaxing manicures and pedicures that leave your nails looking gorgeous and your skin feeling smooth and soft. We offer our clients quality and go the extra mile to ensure exquisite results. If you want to look and feel your best, our nail treatments are designed to help you do just that!
Types of Nail Treatments
While we offer many different variations of nail treatments, our services essentially fall under these two categories: artificial nail enhancements and natural nail care. Typically, artificial nail enhancements include acrylic nails, nail art, UV gel nails, etc. and natural nail care includes manicures and pedicures. Let’s look into what some of the treatments we offer are and what you can expect:
- Acrylic nails are nails that are extended or overlaid using acrylic (a soft, clear plastic). This type of treatment is recommended to those who find it difficult to grow longer nails or have a habit of biting them. Acrylic nails are also ideal for those who want to have lovely, easy-to-care-for nails and feel beautiful.
- Nail art is a procedure that beautifies the nails using designs, small jewels and other decorating materials available on the market. Nail art has become widely popular over the years and continues to grow in popularity world-wide.
- UV gel nails are yet another popular type of artificial nails and also an excellent alternative to acrylic. UV gel nails are ideal for those who want stronger, longer, more even nails. They are achieved using a special odourless gel that’s applied to the regular nail and cured under UV light.
- Wraps are most commonly used for the strengthening of the person’s natural nails as no extension is put on. Nail wraps are line pieces of foil (or similar material) that when applied to the nail will provided it with a coating which takes the impact of dangers. Nail wraps come in many colours, styles and designs.
- A manicure is not only a cosmetic treatment for the nails, but for the hands as well. A typical manicure consists of filling, shaping, applying treatments, hand massaging and applying polish. Our team of nail technicians offers a wide range of manicure treatments, including regular manicure, French manicure, hot stone manicure, paraffin manicure, and more.
- A pedicure is a type of nail treatment that improves the look of toenails and feet. Pedicures are not only done for cosmetic reasons, but also for medical and therapeutic purposes. Pedicures are immensely popular around the world, especially among women. Some of the pedicure treatments we offer include regular pedicure, paraffin pedicure, hot stone pedicure, French pedicure and mini pedicure.
The above refers to all the types of nail extension or treatment provided by nail technicians, the different names you hear treatments called will always be referring to one of the above listed treatments, sometimes with a slight spin on the original. If you have any questions regarding the types of nail treatments we offer, we’ll be happy to assist you in any way possible – call us at 0700-345-0042 and we’ll help you with any question or query. Just ask!
The Benefits of Nail Treatments
There are many different parts that make up a nail, such as the cuticle (a thin layer of skin that overlaps the nail), the nail fold (a part of the skin that frames the nail), the nail bed (the skin located just beneath the nail plate), the nail plate (the hard portion of the nail that’s composed of keratin) and others. In addition to their aesthetic and cosmetic appeal, nails also have other important roles, including protecting the skin and aiding in gripping different objects.
Manicures and pedicures are generally recommended for cosmetic purposes; however, natural nail care treatments are also helpful for maintaining nail health and, in some cases, even for preventing and treating minor nail conditions. Most of the nail treatments offered by our professionals deal with the external nail portion and the surrounding skin.
We consider that it’s very important to have beautiful hands and nails – an immaculate hand with nice looking nails can show to someone that you understand the importance of looking good and taking good care of yourself!
Our team of experienced mobile nail technicians meets the highest health and safety standards set by the industry. We treat your nails, cuticles and skin around your nails with respect and always use properly cleaned equipment and quality nail care products.
Do we treat nail and foot problems?
There are varying opinions whether nail treatments should be used to treat nail problems or not. We believe that our treatments such as manicures & pedicures can be successfully used to treat smaller problems like peeling nails, ingrown nails and nail discolorations:
- Peeling nails. In terms of cosmetics, nail hardeners can ‘fix’ peeling nails; they don’t solve the root of the problem, however. One of the main culprits for peeling nails is iron deficiency. Health experts recommend multivitamins with a good dose of iron for those who lack it in their diets. Vitamin C is also recommended because it improves iron absorption.
- Ingrown nails. This is a surprisingly common condition that occurs when a small broken-off nail part penetrates the skin. Ingrown nails can lead to infections, pain and irritation. In the event that an ingrown nail becomes infected, it’s strongly recommended to see a physician. Minor ingrown nails can be treated by maintaining the nails and toenails clean and healthy.
- Nail discoloration. It’s a good idea to get into the habit of regularly checking your nails and toenails for discolorations. Remember that nail discolorations can have internal and external causes. If discoloration occurs while a new nail is formed, then the cause is internal and can indicate certain health problems, like anemia, diabetes, liver problems, heart disease and kidney disease. If you suspect that you suffer from one of these, please see your physician for professional diagnosis and treatment.
Getting healthy, beautiful nails that you can flaunt and be proud of is easy here at Mobile Beauty UK. We offer a wide selection of professional nail treatments at very reasonable rates – treatments that you can receive in the comfort of your own home. Beautiful nails are our passion!