Mobile Beauty UK’s hair stylists offer a wide range of high quality and affordable hairdressing services that run the gamut from women’s cuts, perms, colouring, straightening and highlights to men’s and children’s cuts that perfectly suit today’s modern and traditional trends. Whether you’re interested in changing your appearance or need a full-on glamorous wedding hairstyle that complements your wedding outfit and radiant smile, our certified hair stylists will help you achieve a look that you’ll be proud to wear.
Book a hair appointment today and take advantage of the following services:
- The latest techniques in women’s haircuts, highlights, colour, extensions, straightening, updos and more.
- The latest techniques in men’s haircuts, creative colour services, straightening, barbering, beard trimming and more.
- Children’s haircuts in all styles for all ages.
Note: the rates may differ from hair stylist to hair stylist – for anyone interested in learning more information, please refer to the hair stylist’s page.
Learn More About Our Hair Services
Our diverse and talented team of hair stylists continuously seek to bring each and every customer the latest innovations in hair styling. We listen, make suggestions and, based on the gathered information, create a special look that suits you perfectly – all within familiar and comfortable settings, such as at home or at special occasion locations. Here are some of the services we offer:
- Styling - Hair styling has always been one of the most important ways people express themselves. Long or short, waved or straight, it doesn’t matter as long as your hairstyle matches your personality. Hairstyling improves your style and physical appearance and helps you maintain a fresh, clean look.
- Tools and Products - Our licensed hairstylists use a number of hair styling tools and products to style and add texture to your hair. A few common examples include flat irons, hair rollers, hair dryers and shampoos, conditioners and sprays. A quick history = Throughout history, hairstyles were used to indicate social class, political beliefs, marital status and age (among others). Many of the present hairstyles are considered must-have fashion accessories.
- Colouring - Hair colouring is highly popular these days – more than 75% of women colour their hair regularly and the percentage of men is expanding. Hair colouring is used for a variety of reasons, including to change the colour to a more desirable or fashionable shade, to return it to normal after chemicals have discoloured it or to darken grey hair.
- Types - Four very common types of hair colouring include permanent (colour that does not wash out, although it may fade), demi-permanent (very effective for covering grey hair), semi-permanent (cannot be used to lighten hair and survives repeated washing) and temporary (frequently used to colour hair for special occasions like proms and weddings).
- Application Techniques - Traditionally, hair colour was applied as one overall colour; however, the modern trend is generally to use multiple colours to produce gradations and streaks. These modern techniques include highlighting (where lighteners are applied over hair), foils (where plastic film or foil is used to work a hair section separately) and cap (where a plastic cap is placed over the scalp and strands of hair are pulled through). A quick history = Hair colouring can be traced back to ancient times when plants like henna, turmeric and indigo were used to obtain the dyes. Synthetic hair dye goes back to the 1860s and is presently a huge industry that uses both synthetic and plant-derived dyes.
Barbering is a popular form of men’s grooming, barbering consists of providing men’s facial shaving and trimming as well as haircuts. One of the main differences between hairstylists and barbers is that the latter don’t provide colour treatments or other similar hair treatments. Here is a list of services provided by our team of barbers:
- Haircuts for every member of the family, including traditional cuts, fades, flat tops, faux-hawks and more.
- Beard and moustache trims.
- Hot shaves.
How to Find Your Best Hairstyle
When it comes to finding a good hairstyle, the best way to go about it is by looking into your own mirror – the best hairstyle is ultimately determined by your face shape. We all have different types of faces and, therefore, it’s important to understand that some hairstyles may not match yours perfectly. Following this strategy will not only help you achieve a flattering look, but also emphasize your natural beauty and facial features. Here are a few dos and don’ts for every face shape:
- Oval-shaped: slim by adding volume to the top of your head; avoid volume and width on the sides.
- Square-shaped: hide the sharp edges of your jaw line using long locks; it’s generally best to avoid geometric lines.
- Round-shaped: again, slim by adding volume to the top of your head; avoid volume and width on the sides.
- Heart-shaped: hair bangs that complement your facial features nicely; avoid going too short.
- Oblong-shaped: add fullness to the sides by layering your hair; don’t add volume to the top of your head and avoid short cuts.
Remember: the key here is to find a hairstyle that works well for your face shape, not against it.
Hairstyling and Health
Our team of hairstylists follow all standards for health and safety – this means that every hairstyling and barbering tool is thoroughly disinfected and cleaned before being used. We guarantee that:
- Scissors, electric clippers and clipper blades are disinfected and cleaned after each use.
- Towels are laundered and cleaned in a sanitary and clean manner before each reuse.
- In the event that an instrument is contaminated with blood products, it will be immediately cleaned and disinfected using a strong disinfectant.
How to Prepare Your Hair for Styling
Beginning with freshly shampooed and conditioned hair is strongly recommended. If the hairstyle that you want to achieve requires the usage of any appliance that generates heat, it’s strongly suggested to apply a heat styling protectant all over your hair, from roots to ends. These requirements apply to all types of hair; however, many of them will be covered by the hairstylist prior to beginning the styling process. This makes it very convenient for the client to achieve the desired hairstyle.
For more information on anything you have read on this page and don’t know the meaning of please visit our glossary page. To find a hairdresser near you search for your town or postcode here. If you want to speak to someone please call us on 0700 345 0042 Monday to Friday 11-7.