Our experienced professionals here at Mobile Beauty UK offer a variety of customized, treatment based facials, many of which can be designed specifically for your type of skin. The facials we offer also include massage, thorough cleansing, customized masks as well as topical application of nourishing and hydrating products (and many more, based on your needs and/or specifications). So, if you want to improve the look and texture of your skin or achieve a younger-looking appearance that you’ll be proud to show off, don’t hesitate to pamper yourself with one of our facial treatments!
Note: Prices for facials and for other treatments may vary from therapist to therapist. For an accurate rate and more details, please refer to the Book a Treatment page or call us at 07003450042 and we will answer your questions right away.
What are Facials?
A facial is a popular and pampering skin care procedure that involves a wide variety of treatments, including exfoliation, steam, lotions, creams, massage and peels. Due to popular demand, facials are commonly performed in beauty salons, spas and by seasoned mobile beauticians. Even though they’re stereotypically associated with freshly cut cucumber slices over the eyes, there are other different types of masks as well that serve many different purposes, including healing hyper-pigmentation (a harmless skin-related condition characterized by dark patches of skin as compared to the normal skin), healing acne scars, brightening skin tone, deep-cleansing, etc.
In a nutshell, a facial treatment is one of the most important things you can do for your skin – it is a soothing cosmetic procedure in which a professional assesses your skin, identifies current and potential issues and performs a number of treatments that specifically work for your skin type.
A general facial treatment includes the following steps:
- Cleansing. This gets the skin clean and allows the aesthetician to have a really good look at it before continuing.
- Analysis. This is where the aesthetician looks for skin problems and addresses them.
- Exfoliation. A procedure that evens the skin texture and makes it healthier by removing dead skin cells.
- Steaming. Used to soften blackheads for easier removal.
- Extractions. An important step for those with blackheads!
- Massage. This is the part that everyone loves. The aesthetician uses a series of movements and techniques to relax tense facial muscles and rejuvenate your complexion!
- Mask. This is where you and your skin can relax for a while. Masks are used to hydrate the epidermis (the outer layer of the skin), calm the skin after all the stimulation and tighten the pores, among others.
- Moisturizing. Because the aesthetician has precisely determined your skin type, you can have the right type of moisturizer applied, making you look beautiful and prepared to face the world.
Depending on the type of ingredients used, facial masks can also be effective in treating many common skin conditions. Here are a few more notable benefits we wanted to share:
- Absorbing oil. Some face masks contain clay – an ingredient that cleanses the pores and absorbs excess impurities and oil. As a clay-based facial mask dries, it helps remove dirt out of pores.
- Treating acne. Most clay-based facial masks are effective in combating acne and are formulated with acne-fighting ingredients. The acne-fighting effects of clay-based facial masks can be even powerful when used in conjunction with other acne medications.
Other Types of Facial Masks
Facial treatments are categorized into many different types, but these are the main ones:
- Mini. A mini-facial is a very basic type of facial cleansing and massage that’s generally a great pick for everyone. Mini-facials last for about half an hour and typically include cleansing, exfoliating, toning and a mask.
- Advanced. This is an improvement over the mini-facial and includes more helpful treatments in addition to the basic ones. Advanced facials also take more time to apply, cost more and may include more specific massage techniques, extractions, etc.
- Specialized. During specialized facials, the aesthetician analyses your skin and determines which products and techniques are best for you. This type of facial involves a lot more communication and is highly recommended for new clients.
- Signature. Many spas, salons and mobile aestheticians offer signature facial treatments that incorporate their own philosophy and give you a unique experience.
Are Facials Safe for My Skin?
If you’re concerned about skin safety, we highly recommend that you try a specialized facial treatment first. Specialized facial treatments are not only performed by seasoned aestheticians that carefully analyse your skin to determine which products work best for it, but also include various forms of relaxing massage. Perhaps one of the most notable benefits received from specialized facials is the ‘feel good’ factor that you immediately get once the massage is done. Of course, the other types mentioned earlier are safe for your skin as well. Ideally, facial treatments should be done at least once a month.
Here are a few useful tips that may pertain to you:
- When arranging for a mobile aesthetician to come to your home, you can arrange an appointment for makeup application and hair styling as well, tactfully guiding your technician to meet your goals. This is great if you have to attend an event immediately after your facial treatment!
- Don’t forget to advise your mobile aesthetician if you are pregnant or if you have any allergies so that he or she can use suitable products and treatment.
Facial treatments are rapidly growing in popularity among both males and females who want to achieve and maintain radiant, healthy skin. Our professionals can take your skin to a new and higher level of beauty – a level that draws compliments and provides peace of mind.
How Much Does a Facial Cost?
The price of a facial treatment varies depending on the type, length and aesthetician. For an accurate price, please click the Book A Treatment tab located at the top of this page or contact us by phone at 07003450042.